Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday's

I don't generally consider myself a complainer, or unhappy. But man I really really dislike Mondays. I woke up this morning at 4:30 and just wanted to crawl under my bed and die. I knew I couldn't So I thought about the possibility of calling in sick. I have never used a sick day, and why not today. Well that wouldn't work because I needed to hit my boss up today about leaving early tomorrow to go hunting. Which by the way is in a primo area on the Powder River. I watched a hunting show the other day, that was filmed in the same area that I am going. I am stoked. Opening day of the Rifle season started today. And I am wondering what I am doing at work? I've got a bridge project coming up in the next week or so, and I am worried that it will screw up my plans to go home for the deer hunt. I fricken hope not. If it does, I'm going to Wendy's to work. I'll get my respect.
This morning on my way to the gym I was so "out of it" that instead of driving to the YMCA, I drove to my office. Upon arrival to my office, I realized that I was in my Gym clothes. So I hopped back onto the freeway and drove to the Y. I think that I am loosing my mind. I don't think. I know. I think it was from my deer wound. Yeah, I'm still whining about that. I mean it has been a month and it still hasn't healed. It's not that sore anymore but there is a lump and still a scab. I don't think that I have caught any diseases or anything. Much to the disappointment of my friends and colleagues I haven't acquired lockjaw. I mean sure I have a small case of the worms, but hey I can eat pretty much whatever I want and not put on weight now. I think that the real reason that I hate Monday's is because I have such good weekends. I mean, the weekend was nothing special. Saturday, I hunted all morning back behind the house. It was beautiful out there. Nothing killed but there was a quiet peace out there that is hard to explain. When I got home, my wife had just gotten in from running a 5k and all of her friend's husbands were there to meet them at the finish line. I was the only husband not there. I felt like a deadbeat husband, and maybe I am. Maybe, I let hunting season get the best of me. But crap, how am I supposed to know 5K etiquette? I didn't know that I was supposed to be there. Of course my wife was understanding as usual. Which, I guess you have to be super-understanding when you marry a guy like me. I mean seriously, I can look at a clock and predict that withing a 5 minute timeline, I am going to either do or say something offensive or stupid. I guess it's just my nature. I'm kind of like a home run hitter. Every now and then, I can hit a home run with something I say. But I am swinging for the fence so often that, I find myself striking out most of the time. Anyways, hows that for a tangent. After disappointing my wife, I decided that I better lay some tile. So I layed tile for most of the day Saturday. Saturday night Cindy went to the Relief Society Broadcast, So Zach and I stayed home. Man what a funny baby. He is so happy and easygoing. We played around until Cindy got home. Sunday, Church was good. I love having a little boy to mess around with at church. I don't know who is worse, Me, Cindy or Zach. I can't remember the last talk that I followed church all the way through. I mean seriously. I get to church early because I have meetings. Cindy shows up to Sacrament with a box of Cookies and Zach. So we play with Zach and eat cookies during church. That's another issue. I hope I don't go to hell for eating cookies in church.
Anyways, I had a good weekend. And if you have been able to follow my tangential novel. That's why I hate Mondays. Crap, I think that I forgot to write why I hate Mondays.

2 comments:

Jamie Harris said...

Dave I don't think you will go to hell for eating cookies in Church. Well I hope not?? I take candy every week. All the little kids like to sit by us!!

Dave Riddle said...

I don't know if I mentioned the hunting magazines that I read to Zacchy boy.