Friday, September 12, 2008

Hunting season antisocialite.

Hunting season officially started for me September 1st.
On September 1st I was not hunting I was standing at an elevation of 14100+ ft on top of Pikes peak near Colorado Springs. I think it was the 1st. That doesnt matter. Dates do not matter I know that hunting season started on the first and I was not hunting.
Though the site was magnificant and the air was thin my one track mind was caught up into hunting season.
I will say that Pikes peak is really bitchen.
The Colorado trip was fun and it was great to catch up with our friends Jeremy and Heidi.
Now that I am back in Sheridan my mind has taken me into the hunting season anti-socialite mode.
That kind of sounds messed up, but I am messed up.
I don't know what hunting season does to me but my neck flares up and instead of complete sentences in conversation my talk has transformed into grunts and knods.
I have turned my treadmill from facing the television to facing the large window that looks out into the pasture so that when I run in the mornings I can watch deer.
This morning while running I thought it would be a good idea to shave my head bald so I wouldn't have to worry about using scent removing shampoo.
After I completed my fourth mile I went in to the bathroom and shaved my head.
My wife woke up only to shake her head in dis-approval of my newly acquired hair cut. I don't know if the numerous cuts on my head were the culprit in providing her with a look of disgust but something didn't quite make her happy. I personally thought the cut looked pretty sweet.
I thought I looked like a Marine but as I walked out the door my wife told me to stop by the tatoo parlor and get a swastica tatoo to match my cut.
That kind of made me feel bad.
Not that my blogging has been good lately at all but I don't imagine it will get better anytime soon.
I will try to post pitures of kills if you are into that sort of thing.
I tried to post a little video of nice buck that I saw last night but it didn't work and I just didn't feel like messing with it.
I hope everybody knows I love them and though I am not thinking about you, If I were not hunting I would be.
I have got to get back to work so I can get stuff done so I can go hunting.

P.S.
I know there are a few out there that are considering holding an intervention with me, don't do it you will be wasting your time.

That's all Iv'e got today. I am sure that you are dumber today for having read my blog. I'm sorry.

1 comment:

MiandMiksmom said...

Actually, I feel much smarter...and invigorated. It sounds fabulous...even the shaved head. Enjoy the great outdoors...I miss it!