Friday, April 25, 2008

Update

I guess it has been a while since I have been good at blogging, and I thought that I should give and update on my life. I like to make lists so I will make a list of updates on my life.

1. Cindy is knocked up again. I know that using the term "knocked up" isn't that nice of a term but I just love it. It just rolls off the tongue, I don't mean it in an insensitive way, I just like to break the news that way. I guess I just like the look that women give me when I say it that way, Its almost a look like shock that I used it, followed by a the "your an jerk look". (Yeah I get that a lot). The baby is due Nov. 3 just two years apart from Zacchy boy. I am really excited and not really scared. Cindy is a good enough mom to Zach that it makes up for my inadequacies in the dad department. With a wife like Cindy, I say bring em on.

2. I started Wrestling again. I am beat up and my cauliflower ear is back, I'll probably have to get a syringe and suck the blood out tonight.

3. I am taking my young men from church on a 50 mile hike in July for their high adventure. My first councillor Todd and I are stoked. We told the boys that we were going to turn them into men. I wonder if that transition will occur while they are packing my dead heart attacked body out of the deep Big Horn Wilderness.

4. It is supposed to be spring. Instead we got 3 inches of snow yesterday.

5. I have purchased a boat. It is fricken sweet. I would be willing to bet that it is the nicest boat in Wyoming. I don't even know anyone who has one like it. I Bought it for 50 dollars, its a 14', Steel Boat. I thought it was aluminum when I bought it, but when I lifted it up I realised by the rust and the weight that it was pure American Steel. It's gonna need a little work on the wood, but I think I can get it together in a couple of hours. I told my Wife that we were going to take it fishing to lake DeSmet. My wife declined. I told my wife that, that's what life jackets are for, She's not in. I bet I could get Stinky pockets to come up from Casper to go with me. The invite is open to anyone who wants a real fishing adventure. I think I'm going to paint a Rebel Flag on the side.

That's all I've got for now.

6 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

1. Congratulations...and yes, "knocked up" is such a sweet, sensitive way to say it.

2. Wrestling? at your age??

3. 50 miles...wow, that beats the .25 mile hike I took my Daisies on....and I thought I was cool.

4. It is 80 degrees here today.

5. Your boat would fit in perfectly in these here parts, especially with the flag. Long rule the Red Necks!!!!!

Johnny Wright said...

Riddle! You reprobate, you.

Very good 8 track joke. Well done.

Great to hear from you pal. Little blast from the past.

I think we had a wrestle in Yazzo City or something and you made me cry. Maybe popped out my shoulder or ruptured my spleen. Memory is a bit fuzzy.

I live in New York City. Been here a while. Love it here on the Upper West Side.

We need to do something about having Poison on your blog though. Yep, I'm still a snob.

Hope your well.

Dave Riddle said...

M&M,
1. Sorry
2. When I am your age I'll quit. :0
3. Hey Daisy's are tough.
4.Sucker
5.Dave+boat=redneck

J-dub, I don't even know what a reprobate is. All I know is my bishop told me not to do it. (fancy NewYorker).
Don't be doggin on Poison, If it wasn't for that grunge crap that you listen too, they would still be ruling the world.
Good to hear from ya buddy.

Chellie said...

Awesome! congrats!

We've been in the 90's for almost a month now... even have hit the 100's... and to me that is awesome. I hate the snow!

Johnny Wright said...

Out if curiosity, how did you come across my site?



Reprobate: A tramp, scoundrel, miscreant, rascal, cad, or rogue.

Johnny Wright said...

Sorry mate, no rebel flag was mine.

My views shouldn't surprise you. I'm as city as it gets. I live in Manhattan for cripes sake. Going to the country for me is going to Yankee Stadium in the Bronx.

I've lived here a while, 4 years - with a break in the middle. I worked at David Letterman for a long time. I've been doing some magazine writing and other freelance stuff. I may take a writing job at Fuse TV. Still working that out, negotiating and that.