Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Final Spring pic for the day


This is a picture of the Sheridan Water Tank. Over the hill is the city of Sheridan. I will take a few pictures of the town for future blogs. I don't think that there is a place in the world that can compete with Sheridan in the spring as far as beauty goes. As I mentioned earlier, the pictures don't do the place justice. You have to smell the crisp clean morning air, you have to hear the pheasants crowing in the morning and running through ditches. You have to see the paired geese flying overhead and dropping off into ponds. You have to hear the creek bubbling and hear the cows mooing. You have to watch the spring calves running around kicking up turds. You have to see the antelope grazing. (I think it helps the appreciation factor when, for the past 6 months you have had to dig through four feet of snow and experience -30 degree temps.) But still, the winter adds to it. I wish that I could share it more with my family and friends. I'm glad though that I don't have to share it with the rest of the world.

No comments: