Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

I don't imagine that during my absence that I have retained any of my blog readers but I think that I will write a few things that I am thankful for.



I'm Thankful for God. It amazes me that the Most significant of anything significant is aware of someone as insignificant as I am. It amazes me that He hears everything I say and is aware of everything that I do, and still manages to give me a certain feeling of peace and a certain feeling that tells me he loves me.

I'm Thankful for Jesus Christ who lived a life to give me a perfect example, loved me enough to suffer for my sins, and lived again so that I could conquer death. I don't understand it all but my feelings give me enough reason to believe in it.

I'm Thankful for my Family. I'm thankful for a Wife that is patient, funny, loving, a good mother, beautiful, smart, and a best friend who brings sunshine into the dark parts of my life. A wife that after 8 years I am still madly in love with. I'm Thankful for a little boy that lifts my heart every time I see him and helps me feel a love that I would have never comprehended before. I'm thankful for Parents that never gave me a bad example, never made me feel unloved, never fought in front of me, and never gave up on me even when I did. I'm thankful for Brothers that I can talk to, hunt with, fight with, and play with, Brothers who understand me, have my same ideals, and no matter what always have my back. I'm thankful for my wife's family who's love made it easy to become my family.

I'm thankful for the USA. I'm thankful for freedom, for the people who gave their lives for it and give their lives for it every day. One nation under God.

I'm thankful for Friends. I don't have a lot of friends. I guess I am picky, or perhaps the friends I do have are not picky. Either way, I am glad to have a few. The few friends that I have, I trust and I guess that's all that matters.

I'm Thankful for Life. I'm thankful for the ups and the downs, the ups because they are ups and the downs because sometimes the downs are the only way humble me enough to grow. There have been times that I have smiled so big that you could see it from the moon and times that even crying didn't make me feel better. I have had good friends and I have had bad friends. I have been a good friend and I have been a bad friend. I've had my touchdowns and I have had days that I felt like punting. But I can't deny the fact that I have had a good life and I am thankful for that.

My life is about as close to fairy tale as it gets. I don't know why. I am aware that where much is given much is required. I don't know how I will ever keep up.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy I'm still above the ground.

Dave Riddle said...

If I were your age I would be happy that I was still above the ground too. :)