Friday, November 30, 2007

Another Friday. Another Long Friday.

I guess it isn't too long. I am taking off at noon to go Elk Hunting. It is really cold today so it should make for some good hunting. It has been cold all week. In about 45 mins I will be sighting my 300 Ultra Mag in. In about 3 hours I will be aiming at an elk and In about 3 hours and 5 seconds I will be pulling the trigger on an elk and in about3 hours and 2 minutes I will be gutting and elk and in about 4 hours I will begin draggin my elk to the truck, and in about 20 hours I will have it to the truck, and then I will be done.

Oh yeah and It will be cold. It is almost noon at it is only 19 degrees F.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

3 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

19 degrees???? I don't know if I could survive, but have fun!!! At least you get snow...man, I miss that!

Chellie said...

You'll have to let us know how it went! Sounds like you had a great plan.
I was just complaining because at 8 o'clock at night it was 60 degrees. :) I had to turn the a/c on over the weekend!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why you need a .300 for a little Elk. Where I come from I just drop from the tree, cut the neck with my Bowie knife, bleed it out, gut it and throw it in the truck...takes all of about 15 minutes. You Wyoming guys sure make things harder than it needs to be. Just my opinion. But then again, I remember you left a deer in a ditch for 40 hours and came back later to get it because you were a scaredy cat.