Thursday, February 21, 2008

100 things about me Continued from Continued

51. Barak Hussien Obama scares me almost as much as Hillary Clinton. I would think that the American people would be smart enough to be a little more hesitant to vote for a man with a middle name of Hussien.
52. I will vote for John McCain. I dis-agree with some of his policies and I don't like his personality. But, any man that spent 4 years in a POW camp for his country deserves to run it for 4 years. Even though I don't like the man, my personal opinion does not dispute the fact that he was an American hero. Plus I think that a pres. Hillary or a Pres Osama, would be the key that unlocks the doors to the apocalypse.
53. While working for Marathon Oil I shared an office with the guy that hired me. On many occasions we would cut the cheese and try to lock each other in the office. I don't think that was very professional conduct for a couple of engineers.
54. I get weekly calls to asking me to return to work for that company.
55. There are some movies that I could watch over and over again and never get tired of it. Back to the Future, Training Day, Rockstar, and Happy Gilmore. (edited versions of Training Day and Rockstar of course).
56. I like talking to people who think they are smart and try to portray how smart they are by talking about subjects that seem to be interesting to smart people, because deep down, even though I may seem like I am following the conversation, I more than likely am thinking about a Dukes of Hazzard episode.
57. Right now I am really thinking that I wish I would have only committed to writing 57 things about myself.
58. I hate working with negative people. People that are mopey booby, and p.o.ed. I think that it would be a good idea to put a person like that in a small room and filled it full of bananas and leave that person for a day. I think it is impossible to be in a bad mood when you are surrounded by a bunch of bananas.
59. There is a member of the Utah Highway Patrol, that If I saw him out of uniform and in the hills I would beat like a rented mule.
60. When I was a kid. I used to really enjoy burning ants with a magnifying glass. After a while I decided to step it up to gasoline, I would dump gasoline on ant piles and light them on fire. I thought that was good entertainment until I poured gas on a hot coal from an earlier burning and caught myself on fire. Then I decided that I better go back to the magnifying glass.
61. I think a good way to keep your neighbors dog from pooping on the lawn is after the dog has pooped, go out and pour bacon grease on the poop. The neighbor's dog will start cleaning up after himself.
62. I believe that if a person plays dungeons and dragons that person can be assured that he is a dork.
63. I believe that if a person is the dungeon master of his dungeons and dragons group that does not mean he is a cool dork, it means that he the dork source.
64. I don't believe that being a member of a fraternity makes you cool. Once in college, during pledge week I was hit up by a frat boy to pledge. He got to telling me about all the benefits of being a frat boy. I asked him, when was the last time he hooked up with a girl. He went quiet for a minute. I told him that was all I needed to know.
65. At a high school wrestling practice, the assistant wrestling coach got a little rough with the head coach so the head coach head butted the assistant coach, pushed him into another room shut the door, there was a rumbling around for a few minutes and they came back out. The assistant coach had his head down, looked sad and apologised to the team for his actions. I have always wondered what happened in that other room. Plus it was a pretty sweet head butt.
66. In college there was a little intra-mural wrestling tournament that I decided to wrestle in. There was this guy that showed up that was supposed to be a stud. He was a three time state champ and was wrestling for big college. Sure enough I had to wrestle him. He was just a higher caliber wrestler than I was. Right off I sunk a lucky head throw and pinned him about 30 seconds into the match. It was completely luck. I mean complete luck. The kid was infuriated. I shook his hand and told him good job. After the match he came over to me and asked me if we could have a rematch on the other mat. I lied and told him that I would like to, but I had to go home and help my dad. (I knew that kid could beat me any day of the week.) I told him that he put up a good fight and not to feel bad about it. I walked out of that gym very quickly with a big grin on my face. Why? Because that's just the way I roll.
67. When I was a little kid we had a camp trailor. When my dad would pull of the road to dump the sewer, my brothers and I would stand around and watch with excitement for giant turds to come flopping out. We really enjoyed that.
68. When I was a boy my mom would safetypin towels around me and my friend's neck so we could play superman. I used to think that superman could really fly until I jumped off the neighbors shed and did a bellyflop from 8 ft. After that I realised that there was no such thing as superman.
69. I believed in Superman up until I was 15.
70. When I was younger I was a swimmer. Back in the 80's when we were just learning about AIDS, my mom made the comment that the pool locker room bathrooms were gross and you could get aids from sitting on the toilets. I came home from swimming practice most days with belly ache. I hated swim team.
71. One day after swimming practice a kid started a fight with me in the showers. I ended up beating the crap out of him. Later in college he was my home teaching companion. I asked him if he remembered our fight in the showers. He said he didn't and changed the subject. I know he remembers.
72. One day my older brothers bike got stolen by a kid named squirrel. The cops caught him and my brother got his bike back. I think with a name like squirrel he probably should have got to keep the bike.
73. My favorite color is blue, and looking back I think my favorite color is blue because my dad's favorite color is blue, and If I'm guessing right his dad's favorite color was probably blue too. I hope my boys favorite color isn't pink or purple, because then I will have to wonder why his favorite color isn't blue.
74. When I was a very little boy I remember riding with my Mom and Dad and getting stuck in his old brown GMC. I remember suggesting that my dad put the truck into four wheel drive to get out. I remember my dad acting like he hadn't even thought of that and getting out of the truck and putting it into four wheel drive and driving us out of the mud. I remember sitting proudly saying that if it wasn't for me reminding him to put it in four wheel drive we would still be stuck. My parents thanked me over and over again for my help. They always made me feel ten feet tall.
75. One day on my mission I was driving with my comp. and a squirrel was in the middle of the road. My comp. sped up and hit the squirrel. It only wounded the squirrel, so my comp and I jumped out of the car, grabbed some sticks and and chased the squirrel up a tree. While we were trying to hit the squirrel this lady came out of her house and yelled, "what are you doing?" My comp. and I put on our sad faces and told the lady that we hit the squirrel and felt really bad and wanted to put it out of it's misery. She told us we were sweet, that most people would just keep driving. We said that we just felt bad. She was so touched that she invited us over to her house. I think she fed us Ice Cream.

8 comments:

Chellie said...

I agree with #52 completely.

And also.. the dog poop thing is hilarious, but disgusting.

You definitely have the best top 100 ever written. :) I don't even want to try it now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, just got home from home, if you know what I mean.(Dedar City to Circleville) This is your mother writing. I have certainly had an eye opener!I can not believe I raised you without knowing all of the things you did as a boy. I gues I should say "Thank Goodness I didn't." I probably would have been insane. I can't wait to read the last 25 things about you. I love you, love you, love you. Mom

Clanturner said...

I love the dog poop idea! I saw the best sign once it was a dog laying upside down with all fours in the air with a sign that said, Here he lies cold and hard, the last damn dog that shit in my yard. But DUH - dogs can't read. So I think the bacon grease is a much better solution. I must agree with your mom - what we don't know won't hurt us - if I ever knew one of my boys did what you did, they wouldn't be around long enough to blog about it later.

MiandMiksmom said...

Once again, you did not disappoint...do you think you can do 500 things? It's like a soap opera, and I can't wait for the next episode.

Dave Riddle said...

Chel-Thanks
Mother-Quit trying to pull the innocent card. You knew about every thing that was written on this. At least half were encouraged by you. :)
I love you Mom.
Clanturner-sometimes when I am out of dog food I let my dog loose on the bacon flavored morsels. He doesn't seem to mind.
Just kidding.

Dave Riddle said...

miandmiksmom-I do not forsee a 500 list in the future. I may be able to pull it off but am afraid that I would just have to start making things up at about 320.

Chellie said...

You should go for the 320 then... this is pure entertainment!!

Dave Riddle said...

Chel-I think as you finish up reading my top 100 it will change from pure entertainment to a pure mind dumbing experience.