Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dummy.


In the office complex that I work, just outside of my office, sits a table. This table is large and usually people put plans, snacks ,or what ever on it. Monte, the guy in the office to the east of me walks by and asked me if I like nerds (the candy). I said yeah they are all right. Well Monte drops about 10 boxes of nerds on the table outside of my office for the rest of the office to eat. I grab a box, and Hanns the guy in the office to the West comes out of his office and grabs a box of nerds. After a few minutes Hanns comes into my office and asked if I thought a person could eat four boxes of nerds in one minute. I studied a box and told him that I thought that a person could. Hanns then proceeded to place a bet. He bet me a dollar that I couldn't eat 4 boxes of nerds in one minute. I thought about it for a minute and started wondering if it was possible. I wondered if I could be that man that could defy all laws of eating and do it, and me, being the kind of person that doesn't take a challenge lightly decided that I would take the bet. I opened the boxes, set them on my desk and began, box after box chewing and crunching fruit punch valentine nerds. Swallowing gulp after gulp of sour flavored sugar until all four boxes were gone. As I finished I knew that I did it. I asked Hanns the time. It took me one minute and five seconds. I lost the bet. So not only am I a dollar poorer, I am sick as a dog and I think I have diabetes now.
Dummy.

6 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

Ya, sometimes it's better to not take the bet. Nerds??? Too bad they weren't Dots.

Anonymous said...

I'll bet you a dollar you can't stand outside your office complex naked for 72 hours straight?

Dave Riddle said...

TripleM-I don't think that Dots should even be considered a candy.
Rick-I'll wait for the summer for that bet. PERV.

Chellie said...

dummy.

Clanturner said...

Aedan and I are actually munching on nerds while reading your blog. I had a few finger tips full and my teeth ache. I hope you brushed your teeth afterwards. I bet in a few years Aedan will beat your record, until then you are the ultimate nerd, even if you lost a buck.

Tauna said...

cindy and dave howdy! It's tauna - John's wife. I'm adding you to my blog list so we can keep tabs on you guys! Hope you don't mind!
Sorry you lost the bet. you were close.... you should try it again... J.K! I think the first few little mouthful bites of nerds are good. after that it's to much!!