Monday, July 9, 2007

Heat and Love

Heat can be transferred three ways: 1. Conduction, Convection or Radiation.



Conduction can be viewed as the transfer of energy from the more energetic to the less energetic particles of a substance due to interactions between the particles.



Convection heat transfer occurs between a fluid in motion and a bounding surface when the two are at different temperatures.



Radiation is energy emitted by matter that is at a finite temperature. Usually the emission is attributed to changes in the electron configurations of the costituant atoms or molecules.

If the love you give to your fellow man was a type of Heat Transfer how would you classify yourself, and why?

I would like a reply from anyone who reads my blog. Thank you.



Unlike conduction and convection, radiation does not require the presence of a material medium.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the Fah.. Bro??? All I know is my wife in tight pants can put me into heat..Woo hoooo

Dave Riddle said...

And that's all that matters. I'm just bs'n and wrote that screwing around. You can't leave good comments like that and be anonymous. heh heh heh.

Chellie said...

...uh... well, I read your blog, so I must comment... although I'm not sure what to say...

the az heat makes me hot.

Anonymous said...

I'd pass on the fellow man and sharing heat, but a fellow woman now, it would have to be conduction. However, the Wyo girl scene isn't exactly what I would consider getting conductive. As big and hairy as they are here, they put off a enough heat standing 10 ft. away from them. Any closer and you'd melt.

Anonymous said...

Whats heat to me besides tight pants on my wife? ... The same heat Gene Simmons sings about when he sings "Feel my HEAT taking you higher"... Based on your definition, this would fit under radiation.

Dave Riddle said...

Good point stinky pockets, but as big and hairy as you are, you just have to settle with "big and hairy" Heat is heat.

Anonymous - I believe that is it mostly Paul Stanley that sings Heaven's on Fire. Though Gene helps with the chorus. Paul is the main vocal source. He wails: "I look at you and my blood boils hot,(radiation) I feel my temperature rise. I'm holding on give me what you've got,(conduction)theres hunger in your eyes. I'm coming closer baby feel me breath (convection). So I would say that heat transfer is manifested in all three forms.

Chel- I don't know how I would classify AZ heat.