Monday, April 23, 2007

Clean Cars

I have not had a car stay clean for more than 2 days in 2 years. I do not think that it is possible to keep a clean car in Wyoming. I live about 10 miles out of town five of which are dirt road. I look outside my office window and look at all of the beautiful clean cars that generally vacate a professional office complex and right in the middle is a bird poop covered dirt clod. I think that I catch crap for it every day. It has become quite amusing. Today we are looking at a 60 percent chance of rain, so I have a 60 % chance of a car wash and the car will stay clean until I take the muddy road home which will cover my car with about an inch of mud that will get a clever white washing by the birds. The grossest part of the bird thing is the big bombs. We have Hawks, Eagles, and Owls that generally like to perch in the large cottonwood trees and every now and then they will leave a car bomb. Now Turkey crap on the car is sick but cannot compare to Owl, Hawk or Eagle. Those sick birds will leave partially digested balls of bones, guts and hair. Sometimes mouse, sometimes rabbit and sometimes prairie dog. Some people have to scrape the ice off the windows in the morning, I have to scrape the fecal matter off of mine. But I cannot complain, I love living where I do and I know that not many people have the chance to enjoy the things that I do and If I have to take the trade off I will.
I guess that is life. We all get crapped on and we all do things that cover us in mud, some days are worse than other and some days it seem worse than we are able to take. We just have to scrape it off and laugh about it. Enjoy the crap of life because not everyone has the unique opportunities that you have. It is your life, make it worth the crap that you have to live with.

On a side note, make sure that you take the time to hose the mud off. I think that most of the mud that we get on ourselves is self inflicted. The gravel road that I live on is usually treated with Magnesium Chloride that is used to keep the dust down. It nice for the dust but horrible on your car. If left on the a car it attracts moisture that when combined with the Mag. will quicky corrode the body panels. Make sure you are not letting your mag chloride eat you away.

No comments: