Monday, April 16, 2007

Pushing Buttons

It's Monday morning and I have already had enough of pushing buttons. At 4:00 AM the alarm clock started off with its usual schrill beeping and of course the first thirty minutes of my morning consisted of pushing the snooze button. Every eight minutes I pushed a button until I decided to get my lazy butt out of bed. Because of my strong instinct to push buttons I pushed the snooze button one to many times hence I was too late to go to the gym before work which led me to my other alternative; the treadmill, which of course has nothing but buttons. I started off with the dreaded 8mph button for the first two miles slowed down to the 6mph button for the next mile and a half and for my final stretch nailed the 10mph button to finish off my fourth mile. Now here I am at work pushing buttons and probably will be pushing the buttons of my keyboard for the next nine hours. I am working on a liter of Diet Dew hoping it will push some button in the nerve endings of my brain and body to at least get me through the day. The radio is throwing out some pretty good tunes so maybe today will tun into a pretty good Monday.

2 comments:

Gregg said...

Bro, I think you have a little to much time on your hands, but your blog is entertaining.

Dave Riddle said...

Bro. Until I get a flat screen in my office and am able to watch Judge Judy, I will have to pass my time with Blogs. When you are good at what you do you have all kinds of extra time. Take You and Dad for example.