Friday, April 13, 2007

The Lost Dog

When I was a young boy, I had a dog named Luke Duke (huge Dukes of Hazzard fan). I loved the dog, he was a German Short Haired pointer that was as wild as a caught coon and would eat anything that was presented to him. Some people liked him and some people didn't. Some people loved him and some people hated him. He was a good hunter but really didn't get a chance to vent his hunting needs and nothing was expected of him. I think that is what brought out his bad qualities and made him want another life.

One day Luke ran off with my older brother's dog Butch (a German Shepard). We looked all over for the dogs but couldn't find them. A couple of days later Butch, my brother's dog came home but did not bring Luke home with him. I was devastated. I remember riding my bike up to the fields by my house and walking around looking for the dog calling his name and even kneeling down in a ditch and praying for help finding the dog. Unfortunately I never found the dog and have wondered ever since then what ever happened to him.

I created this blog because I find myself and my life somewhat parallel to my dog Luke. I have left Cedar City, Utah for Sheridan, Wyoming, where the hunting is better and more is expected of me (and hopefully I'm a better person). I took my wife along with me and fortunately she hasn't followed the path of Butch and only stayed for a couple of days and headed back home. I have been here for the past two years and love it here. In November My wife and I added a little boy to our adventure and that has made all the difference. I decided to make the blog not just because I'm full of crap and like to share my thoughts with the world but for anyone who may wonder what ever happened to Dave Riddle From Cedar City, Utah. They can Google it and find it. Because, believe me living on a Ranch in Northern Wyoming is an easy place to dissapear.

No comments: