Tuesday, June 19, 2007

4 Lessons

I do a lot of dumb things in the course of a week and would like to share 4 lessons that I have learned in the past week. I share these lessons so that if you are ever faced with similiar circumstances you will be able to avoid them.

1. Never take your Labrador Retriever (that is trained to bring to your hand everything you shoot) to shoot a family of skunks.

2. Never drive a riding lawnmower over the top of a dead rotting rabbit.

3. Never try to work on a shorted out 3 phase irrigation pump (that is plugged in) with wet hands.

4. If your stomach hurts don't drink a whole bottle of Fleet phosphosoda.

All of the four actions gave less than desirable results. Some less desirable than others. Though all four were quite entertaining at the time, afterwards I came to the conclusion that in the future, if faced with similiar situations, I would have to resort to different solutions.

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I am really starting to question your sanity level... hmmmm.

Our you and the wife going to venture to P-Town at all this summer? Maybe you guys can make it to UT for Josh's farewell?? I really need to make sure you are for real and see your beautiful fam!

Dave Riddle said...

Don't question the sanity. It has been gone for about 12 years.

I think we may be heading home at the end of July. I think Cindy has a class reunion or something.

When is Josh's Farewell?

Chellie said...

Josh leaves for the MTC on the August 8th. I think he talks in church on July 29th, but I'll double check.

Ask Cindy about the announcement-- because I sent you one. I sent them about 3 weeks ago, but maybe it takes longer to find Sheridan?

Dave Riddle said...

I'm just messing with you on the announcement. We got one. Cindy stuck that cute baby's pics on the Fridge.

The Farewell timing sounds about right. May be able to make it down. I'll talk to the boss (Cindy) about it.