Thursday, June 28, 2007

Reflection


Forgive me for getting a little personal today. I try not to get too personal knowing that this blog will be published to the world so I will get a little personal without being personal if that makes sense.

This morning out on my jog, I had a little time to reflect and think about life. That is the nice thing about living where I do is the fact that I can jog two track dirt roads for twenty miles and never see a soul. That leaves my mind clear and open to ideas and thoughts and sometimes a little revelation from the Big Man. This morning I had a chance to reflect on the last two and a half years. I thought about where I was, where I am, and where I am going. I saw a young man with his wife with a strong marriage but missing something. I saw a young man driving in his red truck across the high plains of Wyoming, hearing two separate voices, one comforting and guiding, one doubtful and misguiding. I saw a young man kneeling down in a cheap hotel room alone and lost pleading for help. I saw a young man getting help. I saw a young man with his wife loving his wife more but with something else. I saw a young man who found something that he had lost. I saw a man with his wife holding something that gave a greater understanding of what he had lost and then found. Today I see a man that wouldn't trade the last two and a half years for anything. The first half was pretty tough though.

It may not be on a mountain height
Or over the stormy sea.
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still small voice he calls.
To paths that I do not know.
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.

1 comment:

Chellie said...

Love that saying at the end...
It's nice to reflect on life... it puts things into perspective.