Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Demasculanization of Society

In the middle of March at 3:00PM My Mother, 9 months pregnant turned on Days of our lives. I, at the time sat in my Mothers belly and had to listen to the 3:00 drama unfold once again as I had done every weekday for the previous 9 months. The high testosterone levels in my body couldn't stand it anymore. I couldn't take another 5 minutes of estrogen filled stories of love, hate, lust and drama. At 3:05PM My mother went into labor. At 3:15PM I scrambled for the light and came into this world. The first words that I heard as a fully functioning man child was "it's a boy!". I was a boy, a little man. A man. That was my start. As a boy growing up My parents didn't dress me in pink, Didn't put my hair up in curls, didn't call me names like precious or princess. I was raised a man.

The title of my blog is "The Demasculanization of Society". The reason I decided to write about it is because this has become a major issue in the last 20 years. We have men who want to become women, women who want to become men. Homosexuality has become so popular that it is not politically correct to condemn or frown upon the Sodomic lifestyle. There isn't a show on television that doesn't have a fancy pants rainbow runner in it. In the past 20 years I have watched the media and "alternate" living individuals demasculanize society and I am tired of it. I don't want my kid sent home from school because he punches another boy who wants to play kissing tag.

After giving the subject a lot of thought I have come to the hypothesis of why society has made such a change and I am prepared to say that it is because of the Minivan. Now before you laugh and stop reading hear me out. The minivan came out nearly 20 years ago and that was the start of it. Yesterday as I stood at the gas station pumping 60 dollars worth of liquid platinum into my truck I watched a man pull up in a minivan. As I studied the man I noticed that he wouldn't look me in the eyes, he never smiled and walked with a slouchy lack of confidence. I could tell that this man was at one time probably a mans of man but the minivan stole every bit of that away from him and he knew it. Oh if the kids he beat up in high school could see him now.

So what does the minivan have to do with this new generation of sissies? I think that when the minivan came out it seemed practical. A man and woman could load their whole family comfortably along with neighbor kids and their parents and their grandparents and so on and so on. Though the minivan had a tough time reaching 45 mph at grades over 2 percent, the gas mileage was good so it was worth it. Let me rephrase that It was practical and worth it to a woman. Women don't have the testosterone levels helping them see the clear view on the importance of fast cars or big trucks that men do. So the women in their persuasive nature were able to talk the men into going for the minivan. But something happened, young men as they do, started getting confused as they watched their fathers drive them around. They saw the testosterone built confidence vanish. No longer did they see their dads try to slyly sneak peeks behind their mom's back at attractive looking passing ladies. They noticed the opposite. They noticed their dads slouching lower and lower into their seats in shame only hoping not to be noticed. Boys started to be confused with their male role models. They saw their mothers showing stronger testosterone like traits while the levels of testosterone diminished in their fathers. Fathers social nature changed from talking to the guys about fast cars and women to trying to avoid any friends at all they didn't want to be seen in a minivan. I think that this confused children. The only men that the minivan men would talk to were other minivan men. The conversations became more sensitive. The minivan men were able to empathise with other minivan men, man's sensitivity levels gradually climbed to an all time high. Minivan offspring no longer wanted to be like their dads when they grew up, they wanted to be like mommy and that's how we got homosexuals.

Just a theory. You can agree or dis-agree. I just see it like it is. My dad never owned a minivan, and I will never own a minivan. I don't care how practical my wife or any other lady may make it sound. When I was a kid if we needed to be hauled around, my dad slapped a camper shell on the back of the truck and threw us in. We never needed seat belts and gas mileage? Who cares. We only live once and if we can't live life feeling the way we are supposed to feel what good is it.

If you read this and own a minivan, if you are a woman do your husband and children a favor and suggest selling it. That request will not fall on deaf ears. If you are a man, I think it is time for you to put your foot down. Refuses to drive the van or sell it. Ya gotta feel good about yourself.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I drive a minivan. You never made fun of me when I showed up at your place in Sheridan in my minivan. In fact, you were always more than willing to ride in my minivan. What's with all this angst now against guys that drive minivans? Don't forget, we were raised where the station wagon was the mormon king of cars until the minivan come along. However, I will not take offense and I will offer to sell you my Ford Aerostar. I'm tired of it and I am ready to move on to something a little more "greener", like the Subaru Outback. I don't know why it has taken me so long to get it, but Al does have a point.

Dave Riddle said...

Now I don't know 100 % who wrote this but I think I have a clue. In fact I would be willing to bet on who wrote this. I don't know if you read the bible but I'm pretty sure it has something about bearing false witness. "Hey guys Tracy wants me to get a team together to work on his minivan".

Chellie said...

dude... you totally make up your own words.
demasculanization??

Dave Riddle said...

The Dave Riddle dictionary of intellect defines demasculanization as:

Demasculanization: To knowingly or inadvertantly strip or remove testosterone based caracteristics or traits from a man.

COME ON! everybody knows that.

Chellie said...

AH-HA! I HEAR MUSIC.

DUDE, I AM SOOOOOO COOL.

and styx is awesome.

Anonymous said...

wellll........I don't know.

How come you wore a pink fishing shirt on the Bighorn?

How come you combed your hair alot?

How come that photo you sent me of you and the boy playing miniature trucks in the dirt...you had a miniature minivan....and it was mauve?

Long live the Toyota Prius!....

and 1970 Plymouth Roadrunners with a 440 Wedge and a six pack carb!

BTW, what is YOUR carbon energy score.....as anonymous said "Al does have a point"!

Lastly, get some old Sabbath to listen too and people would read this lame blog.

Dave Riddle said...

Chel, thanx for the schooling

Rick, The pink shirt was so you would fish with me, I combed my hair alot because I am just a good looking person.

Why would you give me a hard time about this? I didn't say anything about the rainbow bumper sticker on your Dodge Caravan?

I do not know anything about a photo.

I do not want Al mentioned on my web blog, unless it is to insult him. For the record, I have removed the smog pump, and catylatic converter off of my truck and have true dual exhaust with with non-restrictive super turbo mufflers. When I start my truck nearly two inches of Ice melts off of the polar Ice caps.

As for the Sabbath music, I'm sure it will make an appearance on my web page at one time or another.