Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Why?

The blog will be a little light today.

So last night I get home from taking my boy scouts out on a gps training barbecue driving lesson (don't ask) and it is about 10:00PM my bed time. I am an early riser so I have to be in bed by 10:30 at least to function. I normally wake up at 4:00 or 4:30 am so I really need to go to bed early to even function. Every now and then I grow a wild hair and stay up late. Last night I grew a wild hair and started watching some stupid show about this lady (played by Jennifer Lopez) who is abused by her husband so she runs away and learns how to fight. Eventually goes back to her husband and beats him up until he is dead. The show was absolutely one of the dumbest movies I have ever watched and I have watched some dumb movies. By the time it is over it is after midnight, and for some reason I am a little wound up. I turn off the TV and just lay in bed for about an hour until finally I fall asleep. Today I am dead. I woke up at 4:30 am and ran, felt pretty good but now I feel like crap and just want to go to bed. I don't know why I stayed up watching such a stupid show. I don't know why Hollywood produces such stupid shows. I don't know why I stopped and watched it. At no point and time was I into the dumb show. I don't know if my mind was in endurance mode just to see if I could finish such a foolish show. Seriously it was not worth it. I think that J-lo is overrated. I don't think that she is a good actress, I don't think that she is good looking, I don't think that she is a good singer. The fight scenes were horribly fake and come on, she studied fighting for one month and became an expert. COME ON! that's not going to happen I don't care if you are the seventh wonder of the world.

There is no point to my story. I am so tired I don't think that I could make a point if my finger was placed in a pencil sharpener. (I made that pencil thing up, was that a good analogy or am I just so tired that it sounded good?).

The moral of the story is: (if a moral is possible without having a point or are they the same thing?) well I guess I don't have a moral either.

I hope that anyone who reads this can forgive me for wasting their time. I would bet that you are now dumber for having read this.

4 comments:

Chellie said...

yeah, you're just tired... and i'm still wondering why you stayed up to watch it.

Dave Riddle said...

I am wondering myself. I probably should have not said the bad things about J-LO.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why you get up at 4 or 4:30???

1. You drive to work, you don't ride a horse?

2. Your commute is, what, 10 minutes?

3. you have no cows to milk?

4. you have no chickens to care for?

sounds like a time management problem to me.

Oh, wait, I know.....your primping in the mirror. I get it now!

Dave Riddle said...

Rick,
First I want to address your blog name. I thought that we discussed this and felt that it was more fitting to call yourself Ricki Rocket.(gay drummer for Poison)

Second, I will have you know that it takes me 15 minutes to get ready for work (if my shirt is ironed.)

Third, you have seen my chisled physique. That does not come without sacrifice. Ok sure, to call it chisled would require an active imagination and some moderate hallucinogenic drug use.
(Yes you meet the qualifications.)

But that is what I do. Oh yeah and I take a little time for religious study.

Anyways, it's kind of lazy to sleep past 5:30 anyways isn't it?