Monday, September 10, 2007

A good weekend.

I had a pretty good weekend this weekend. In fact it was I guess about as good as I have had. I didn't catch a big fish or shoot a big buck or Elk.
Friday after work I got home and Cindy had a church meeting to go to so It was just me and Zacchy boy. So we decided to go for a ride around the ranch in the truck. Zach stood on my lap while he held on to the steering wheel and we putted around the ranch at about 5 mph. We let Angus come along with us, he ran along with the truck looking for birds, snakes and rabbits. Zach sang along to the Chris Ledoux songs about as good as a 9 month old could sing. We drove down to the creek and threw rocks in the water for Angus to fetch. We looked at a couple of deer and honked the horn at the cows. Zach's eyes were as lit up as I had ever seen them. He was just taking everything in. After about 45 minutes his legs were a little tired from standing so he sat on my knee and watched out the window, pausing every couple of minutes to look up at me and smile. There was a fresh cut hay smell in the air as the sun sat in a big Wyoming sky. When we got back to the house, Angus was pooped so we fed him and put him to bed. By that time Cindy got home and we decided to go to the Sheridan High School football game. I don't think that I had been to a High School Football game since High School. When we arrived at the high school stadium the band was playing, the smell of hamburger was in the air, highschool kids were running around trying to impress each other, it was great. We walked into the stands and found some friends from church, Zach loved the band and all of the excitement. It took about 30 seconds before Zach was snatched up by one of the young women from church, so Cindy and I had a chance to enjoy the game together. Cindy looked stunning. I am still amazed that someone so perfect as Cindy would marry someone so imperfect as me, and get alongs as good as we do and still be madly in love.
I guess from one perspective, a person could say it was a normal night. But for me it was everything. I couldn't ever imagine ever being without my wife and little boy. I couldn't imagine being happy after I have what I have and if I lost what I have. I guess everything else is trivial. I hope that I can do what I need to do here so I can have there what matters most to me here. I think that is all that really matters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A weekend doesn't get much better than that, Dude!

Chellie said...

Awe... you have a real sensitive side davey... that was so precious to read. Cindy is so awesome and so are you. And I could never say enough about that amazing little boy you have.

Dave Riddle said...

Rick, Chel- Rick I appreciate you understanding a mans sensitive side, Chel, I don't appreciate my sensitive side being made fun of. I think that most people look at me, and the first thing that comes to their mind is "dang, I bet he could beat the crap out of me, I better be careful" Those thoughts are wrong. Even though I am one of the baddest men on the planet, I can still be a nice, sensitive guy. Oh yea, thanks for the nice comments about my Wife and Junior.

Chellie said...

made fun of?? huh??
I think I recall saying... "awe.. you have a real sensitive side davey... that was so precious to read."

I guess I thought I was being nice and pointing out that a lot of guys don't show their sensitive side, so when they do, it is very precious.