Thursday, September 20, 2007

Kind of a Friday

Happy Friday.
I guess it's kind of a Friday. I'm taking tomorrow off to travel down to Green River for my friends funeral. Sorry to all for depressing posts. I will be a little more upbeat. I sometimes wonder what kind of a picture I paint of myself to those who don't know me. I wonder if, I would be dressed in a clown suit or dressed in black. Speaking of Green River, man I don't want to go there. If you have ever been to G.R. you know what I mean. The drive is horrible. That stretch between Rawlins and Green River is the most desolate windy hell that I have ever driven through. Maybe I can stop off and get some fireworks, yeah some fireworks. I think That I will leave tonight after work, stay the night and come home as soon as the funeral is over Friday morning. I can't think of any reason to spend time in G.R. My friend was too young to die. He was only 56. There I go again, writing all depressing stuff.

For every worry
under the sun.
There is a remedy
Or there is None.

If there is a remedy
hurry and find it
It there isn't
Nevermind it.

I think there are some things that we can fix and something that we can't. I think that we waste a lot of time worrying about things that we can't fix instead of using that time to fix the things that we can.

4 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

I have been to Green River one time, on a 24 hour trek from Dallas to Salt Lake. We were completely delirious by the time we got there, and I paid $20 for a candy bar at a gas station because I couldn't make change.

I am going to stop worrying about the things I can't change...or at least try. Thanks for the advice.

Chellie said...

I'm a bad worrier about things I can't fix... that is totally a good way to look at it... I should worry about the things I CAN fix!

I'm sorry about your friend. You've been in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Dave, I just got home for the weekend and am catching up on the blogs. I'm sad about your friend John. I hope all is well with his family.
Love, Mom
P.S. Drop by your "BAGGAGE" Blog and remember I'm still your mom. Love You

Dave Riddle said...

miandmiksmom-I don't know how Northern Wyoming can be so nice and Southern Wyoming can be such a hole? I guess it scares off the tourists.
Chel-Thanks
Mom-I love you too.