Wednesday, September 26, 2007

King for a Day in Clearmont Wyoming



Yesterday, I was out of the office for most of the day. I had to do some work in a little town called Clearmont, Wyoming. The drive was spectacular. Clearmont is about 45 miles east of Sheridan. The population is about 115. There is a general store, a bar, and a post office. When I arrived there they almost gave me a parade. They don't have visitors very often so they gathered all of the school children together and sang patriotic songs to me. The mayor let me wear his hat and gave me the keys to the city. The women from the Clearmont cattlewoman's association gave me a quilt that had been passed down through 5 generations. The volunteer fire department took me for a ride in their new 1972 firetruck, and the ladies of the senior center baked me a delicious apple pie.
OK, maybe none of that happened, but I did take a picture of this sweet redneck truck. Check out the exhaust pipes. I think I will make an offer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
That is NOT an exhaust pipe. It's a chimney for the wood burning stove. That 'burban is a Clearmont studio apt.

Dave Riddle said...

That could explain the family of four that was sleeping in it.

Chellie said...

I wonder how much rent would be. Damien needs a weekend home.